Reflux Management and Colic Relief
Desiree will come into your home and review your baby’s daily schedule, eliminating any other issues that could be causing “colic or reflux-like symptoms.” She will show you techniques to drastically reduce your baby’s discomfort, making him a much happier baby!
It is not uncommon for newborn babies to go through periods when they appear abnormally irritable or seemingly cry for no reason. However, if you suspect your baby is suffering from colic, here are a few symptoms to look for:
- cries vigorously for long periods, despite efforts to console.
- cries around the same time each day.
- shows signs of gas discomfort and abdominal bloating.
It’s perfectly normal for babies to spit up after feedings, or even to vomit once in a while, without apparent cause or warning. Frequent vomiting or spitting up is called gastroesophageal reflux (or just reflux), and most babies outgrow it. Desiree will show you techniques to drastically reduce your baby’s discomfort until your baby outgrows it. Here are a few symptoms of reflux:
- frequent spitting up or vomiting.
- baby refuses food or only eats small amounts.
- sudden or constant crying or does he arch his back while feeding.